Disney's Electrical Parade

Crazy for Cupcakes from Disney’s Contemporary Resort

posted on July 30th, 2012 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

Pastry Chef Jeff Barnes at Disney’s Contemporary Resort makes a mean red velvet cupcake, cream cheese frosting piled high. But the real secret to the perfect cupcake is the tunnel of icing he creates inside the cake.

Take a look as Chef Barnes shows us his secrets to a perfect red velvet cupcake – sorry, no recipe with this one, but you can re-create his techniques for a fancy cupcake at home. We shot this demo at one of the beautiful new homes at Golden Oak at Walt Disney World Resort, with custom, whole-ownership homes priced from $1.5 million. Discover the “magical oasis of fine living and memory making” by visiting www.DisneyGoldenOak.com.

Read more about sweet treats available at Walt Disney World Resort in the posts below:

Filed: Disney Dining, Hotels & Resorts, Walt Disney World Resort

Sally from FL on July 30th, 2012 at 11:24 am

Great technique video. Chef Barnes gave us a very lucid, easy to follow presentation. Oh, and the cupcakes look yummy too!

Jennifer on July 30th, 2012 at 11:53 am

I love this, thank you for sharing!! Such a great decorating technique that I will defintely be attempting!!

James on July 30th, 2012 at 1:41 pm

How do they get flat top cupcakes? When we cook them they come out at such weird sizes and shapes at the top making one of these would be impossible!

Amanda on July 30th, 2012 at 2:55 pm

I can’t wait to try one on trip in December! Plus I will definitely be using this technique on my next cupcakes.

Erin from RI on July 31st, 2012 at 7:49 am

That is a whole lot of yum for first thing on Tuesday morning!

Sarah on August 1st, 2012 at 8:27 pm

These look so good!! However, I picked up on a word that he said that I thought was only native to my small state of Rhode Island. He said “jimmies” instead of “sprinkles”. That kind of blew my mind a little… Anyone else notice that?

Jami on August 2nd, 2012 at 1:28 am

This video was great! It was super easy to follow and showed great technique. I can’t wait to try this next time I bake cupcakes.