Show Disney.com Hide Disney.com
Celebrating the Holidays with Harborside Christmas at Tokyo DisneySea

Sneak Preview of Merchandise for 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival

posted on August 5th, 2014 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

FWM8066841

I’m counting down the hours until I can taste my way around the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. This annual event returns to Epcot from September 19 through November 10, 2014. I’m already planning on being at the kick-off weekend to celebrate my birthday week (I’m sure I’m not the only one who celebrates her or his birthday all week long). After reading Pam Brandon’s article about new offerings this year, I caught up with the merchandise events team for a sneak preview of festival merchandise.

FWM8066842

This year, I found two different art programs – “Taste Your Way Around the World” and “Brews Around the World” – that will be featured on a variety of items. Guests should look for several familiar favorites including Chef Duffy the Disney Bear, a coffee mug and apparel items like hats. One of my favorite things is the specially designed food tray that was originally introduced in 2012. This new design includes a place to hold beverages and plenty of space for food.

FWM8066843

The Disney pin trading team created some cool limited edition pins that are presented on recipe cards. One features Jessica Rabbit with a recipe for Carrot Cake, while the other has Mickey Mouse that explains how to make Cheddar Breakfast Potatoes (now I’m hungry!). Speaking of recipes, we will also carry a new cookbook that my fellow author Pam announced in this Disney Parks Blog story.

FWM8066844

Finally, I liked this reusable tote bag that contains both merchandise logos.

Look for these items and more in the Festival Center, which will be located between Universe of Energy and Mission: SPACE pavilions in Future World. Select items may also be found at merchandise kiosks throughout World Showcase once the festival opens in mid-September. We will not be offering merchandise via our Disney Parks online store this year.

I hope to see you at Epcot!

For more about the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festive, visit the posts below:

Tagged: , , ,

Filed: Epcot, Special Events, Walt Disney World Resort

24 Comments 12 Replies Add Yours

Jennifer from IL on August 5th, 2014 at 9:44 am

I’ll be celebrating my birthday at the fest on the 19th. The Mickey ear headband with chef hat is cute. I’m really liking the recipe card pins too. Can’t wait to go to my first Food and Wine Festival!

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 10:49 am

@Jennifer – Go Virgos!! :) Perhaps I will see you there. Hope you have a great trip.

Rebecca on August 5th, 2014 at 9:45 am

I love the merchandise for this year! It would be nice if they would hold some merchandise for those of us who come later in the festival. Many times I have found the pins are sold out by the time I come in October.

Leonardo on August 5th, 2014 at 10:34 am

Will there be a Limited Edition Vinylmation Figure available for this years festival?

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 10:52 am

@Leonardo – Yes! There will be a Vinylmation – Eachz created for the event.

Melissa from TN on August 5th, 2014 at 10:45 am

These are wonderful items. We are always leaving the weekend the festival starts. So excited to actually see it this year!

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 12:34 pm

@Melissa – Aces! I am also happy that it starts a little earlier (cause of the birthday week and such :) Hope you have a great time!

Ethan on August 5th, 2014 at 10:59 am

Any chance that the Food & Wine themed MagicBands given as gifts in the Premium package will be available for purchase?

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 12:34 pm

@Ethan – That’s a great question. I’ll have to check with the development team. If I hear anything, I’m sure there will be a follow up story.

Stephen on August 5th, 2014 at 11:15 am

Figment is usually included in the Food & Wine merchandise. Is he being left out this year?

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 12:35 pm

@Stephen – This article was just a sneak preview. I’ve not seen the entire assortment. But if Figment is what you seek … oh, just wait :)

Elizabeth on August 5th, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Will there be any t-shirts this year? I got one last year only to realize when I got home it was a junior shirt!

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 12:36 pm

@Elizabeth – Yes! At the time of press, I didn’t have any final product samples to show. Stay tuned for a future article.

Jonathan on August 5th, 2014 at 1:25 pm

I look forward to this article each year! What is the item above the food tray? Is it a magnet?

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 2:00 pm

@Jonathan – That’s great! Yes, it’s a magnet.

Philip on August 5th, 2014 at 3:01 pm

Any chance of a special Dooney & Bourke design (similar to the Flower and Garden special from earlier this year?)? My wife is a huge Disney D&B fan, and we’ll be at the Festival in late September. Can’t wait!

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 4:44 pm

@Philip – I don’t recall seeing anything specifically like that. Sorry. I hope you have a great trip!

Aaron on August 5th, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Will there be a new Food and Wine Vinylmation?

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 4:45 pm

@Aaron – Yes, there will be a Vinylmation figure. It will be a Vinylmation – Eachz release where one figure is slightly more rare than the other. I didn’t have a sample at the time of press.

Christine on August 5th, 2014 at 3:34 pm

It’s mean to post the cake part of the recipe but not the icing! :)

Steven Miller on August 5th, 2014 at 4:47 pm

@Christine – I can give it to you but you’ll have to make me a cake :) In all seriousness, the recipe for the icing is on the back of the card with pin. Happy baking!

Kim on August 5th, 2014 at 7:00 pm

I know you said that the merchandise is not going to be available online but will it be possible to call and order it. I know someone who would really appreciate the cookbook.

Steven Miller on August 6th, 2014 at 10:54 am

@Kim – The Merchandise Guest Services team may (stressing “may”) be able to assist once items are released. You can contact them by telephone at 877-560-6477 or by email at Merchandise.Guest.Services@DisneyParks.com

Taylor on August 6th, 2014 at 2:42 am

Will the pins be available the whole time? I won’t be arriving until mid-october.

Steven Miller on August 6th, 2014 at 10:56 am

@Taylor – That’s a great question. The availability of select pins will depend on how popular they are with Guests. I know the limited release pin is ideally planned to be sold throughout the entire event. Limited edition pins, however, may sell faster as there is a finite number of them made. If many folks purchase them in the first few weeks, then you may not find them. Unfortunately, I really don’t have a better answer. I hope you have a great trip!

Camille from OR on August 6th, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I’m sad they won’t be online this year. Last year I ordered the LE chef figurine and he has been a great little guy to look at everyday while I cook.

Jenni on August 6th, 2014 at 3:46 pm

My husband collects beer growlers, and we will be visiting WDW for the first time in September!! Will there be any growlers or pub glasses available with the “Brews Around the World” image?

Lisa on August 7th, 2014 at 11:02 am

I hope they order more merchandise this year. I wanted a Food and Wine Festival snack tray and they were out week of 10/12/13.

Nicole from FL on August 8th, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Wahoo! I always love collecting the gift cards and using them to budget myself (well at least I can I try haha) can’t wait! I’ll be there in October for my birthday week as well!

William from UK on August 10th, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Hi Steven, I absolutely adore the new Chef Duffy The Disney Bear! I was just wondering if you could tell me please if you know if there will be a new Christmas Duffy The Disney Bear released for this Christmas or will there just be a new outfit. I was also wondering if you could tell me please if you know if there will be more new Disneyland Paris exclusive Duffy The Disney Bear merchandise released either later this year or early 2015 please. Thank you! :D

Scott on August 10th, 2014 at 10:48 pm

When are the Food and Wine Fest Pins going to be released??

Sally from IL on August 13th, 2014 at 10:52 am

Frustrating for people that come later to the event b/c the pins are always gone. It would be nice if they release a certain number at the beginning of each week so they are available for the whole time.

Cherise from TX on September 1st, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Is this all the merchandise? Or is there more we won’t see until the festival?

Steven on September 16th, 2014 at 10:22 am

We are planning to go at the end of the festival this year, my wife is running the Wine and Dine Half Marathon. Previously when we have gone at the end, much of the merchandise has been sold out. Is there anyway to pre-order anything? The only year we don’t have wine glasses is the year we went towards the end of the festival.

Gini on October 25th, 2014 at 9:46 pm

just returned from the Festival. They are out of pins other than Stitch pins, no more mugs either. I wish we could order items online if the items are going to sell out so quickly in the park. Please reconsider offering items online

Susan from IL on December 2nd, 2014 at 2:46 pm

Is there any way to order any of the merchandise from this year’s food and wine festival? Or was it all sold? Thanks.

You must be logged in to post a comment!

Login or create an account to comment.