Popular Alfresco Tasting Terrace on the second floor of Golden Vine Winery at Disney California Adventure park features a very cool wine list, new wine flights and small Mediterranean-inspired plates – a lovely spot for a sip of wine on the open-air veranda.
Chef Jorge Cruz has been at Golden Vine Winery less than a year, and after stints at Club 33 and Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Resort, he’s having fun with the menu at Golden Vine Winery. His small plates on the terrace are getting high marks from fans, like the Tenderloin Sliders (recipe below) which is on the Alfresco Tasting Terrace daily menu.
At 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on February 21-22, Alfresco Tasting Terrace will premiere its Winemaker Events with Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard, one of the “Disney Family of Wines,” a diverse collection that displays qualities long identified with Walt Disney and The Walt Disney Company, carrying on the Disney legacy and typifying the passion, innovation and quality that the name Disney symbolizes.
The Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard Winemaker Event will feature wine, a special event appetizer menu and fun stories about the Disney family connection to the winery. For instance, Fess Parker (1924-2010) was named a Disney Legend in 1991 and was honored with his own window in Frontierland at Disneyland. Walt discovered Fess in the movie “Them” and asked him to stop by the studio; Fess brought his guitar, met Walt, sang a song, and said goodbye. Walt cast him as Davy Crockett, and he went on to star in many other Disney productions – but will always be remembered for his coonskin cap.
Seating is limited. For reservations and pricing, visit the podium at Golden Vine Winery or call 714-817-5700.
Guests must be at least 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages. Valid photo ID required. Appearances, presentations and events are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
The Alfresco Tasting Terrace daily menu features Mediterranean-inspired appetizers and wines from the “Disney Family of Wines” — consisting of eight California vintners chosen because of their personal relationship with the Disney name.
The “family of eight” includes Chappellet Winery, Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard, Frank Family Vineyards, Gogi, Lasseter Family Winery, MacMurray Ranch, Silverado Vineyards and Skywalker Vineyards.
These wines can be sipped with favorite appetizers, like the one below.
Caramelized Onion-Horseradish Aioli
- 1 white onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (2-pound) beef tenderloin
- Coarse salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil, divided
- 12 slider buns, halved
- 1 cup Caramelized Onion-Horseradish Aïoli
- 2 tablespoons micro basil or finely chopped basil
For caramelized onion horseradish aioli:
- Add oil to a heavy bottom sauté pan over medium-high heat until oil shimmers. Add onions to hot oil, stirring to coat. Add a pinch of salt.
- Cook, stirring often, until onions are golden, tender, and dark brown in spots. Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, horseradish, and 1/2 cup caramelized onions in the work bowl of a food processor; process until fully combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For tenderloin sliders:
- Bring tenderloin to room temperature 1 hour before cooking. Season beef tenderloin generously with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over high heat. Sear tenderloin on all sides until outside is well browned, about 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Transfer beef on skillet to oven and roast until center reaches 120°F for rare or 125°F for medium-rare, about 18 to 25 minutes. Let beef rest at room temperature at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Cut tenderloin into 1 ½-inch thick slices.
- To toast buns, heat remaining 1 tablespoon in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Place buns, cut side down, into pan and toast until light golden brown.
- Place 1 slice tenderloin on the bottom half of each bun; top with a dollop of Caramelized Onion-Horseradish Aïoli and sprinkle with micro basil or chopped basil. Top with top half of buns.