The Walt Disney World Moms Panel has some great ideas to keep your family cool as a cucumber this summer. Disney Mom Tanya M is from New Jersey and her northern blood isn’t used to the weather that blankets Central Florida during the summer. Here are her tips on beating the heat:
- Visit the parks in the morning and the evening when the summer crowds and sun are less intense. Go back to your resort for a swim, lunch or afternoon siesta in between to cool off.
- Purchase some clip-on fans for your stroller. We bought these for my boys and coupled with the canopies on their strollers, they stayed cool even on the warmest days.
- Spend an afternoon at DisneyQuest at Downtown Disney. This indoor, interactive amusement park has games and attractions for kids of all ages, a great restaurant and lots of air conditioning!
- Carry along a soft-insulated cooler bag with plenty of water and/or juice boxes for everyone in your family. If you can, stick everything in the freezer the night before. The beverages stay super cold during the entire day. Include a zip lock bag with a wet wash cloth. These work great for quickly cooling off sticky, sweaty kids in the parks.
- When all else fails hit the water parks. It’s just about impossible to be hot when you are soaking wet!
**Bonus tip for moms like me who insist on trying to look fabulous while melting, skip the mascara and bring along some extra powder.
Got any tips for staying cool at the Parks? Please let us know in the comments.