In January, we let you in on the dates for this year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
One of my favorite times of the year! And this year is the 20th anniversary of the festival!
Now, I have the enviable task of giving you more info on this year’s festival – the lineup for 2015’s “Eat to the Beat” concert series.
Being a child of the ‘80s, I’m SUPER pumped for some of our new acts like Tiffany and Chaka Khan. Also new to this year’s festival are the S.O.S. Band, Everclear and Maxi Priest.
Here’s the full list. Hope your favorite is on there!
- David Cook – September 25-27, 2015
- Wilson Phillips – September 28-29, 2015
- Christopher Cross – September 30-October 1, 2015
- Starship – October 2-4, 2015
- Smash Mouth – October 5-7, 2015
- The Pointer Sisters – October 8-9, 2015
- 38 Special – October 10-11, 2015
- Rick Springfield – October 12-13, 2015
- Sugar Ray – October 14-16, 2015
- The S.O.S. Band – October 17-18, 2015
- Air Supply – October 19-21, 2015
- Fuel – October 22-23, 2015
- Tiffany (NEW!) – October 24-25, 2015
- Dennis DeYoung – October 26-28, 2015
- Jo Dee Messina – October 29-30, 2015
- Everclear (NEW!) – October 31-November 1, 2015
- Boyz II Men – November 2-4, 2015
- Sister Hazel – November 5-6, 2015
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy – November 7-9, 2015
- Hanson – November 10-12, 2015
- Maxi Priest (NEW!) – November 13-14, 2015
- Chaka Khan (NEW!) – November 15-16, 2015
Please note: Daily show times take place at 5:30 p.m., 6:45 p.m. and 8 p.m. Entertainment and appearances are subject to change without notice.
Be sure to check back to the Disney Parks Blog for updated info on this year’s festival.
Bonne ẻcoute!” (Happy Listening!)
Have you ever wondered what it’s like INSIDE the Cinderella Castle Suite? Well – take it from me – it’s fabulous. But wait! You don’t just have to take it from me. Starting today – in conjunction with the 24 Hour Event and the Coolest Summer Ever at Walt Disney World Resort – you can enter for a chance to win a Walt Disney World Resort package including a night’s stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite – the ultimate Summer sleepover! We want you to Show Your Disney Side, by creating your MOST ORIGINAL and CREATIVE Walt Disney World Resort-inspired summer wear or summer treat. Is it an Expedition Everest Attraction Yeti ice cream sundae? A “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade“-inspired Raven costume? Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith Attraction Toast? I don’t know, but the more creative the tie to your favorite Walt Disney World Resort attraction or story the better. So How Do I Enter? Once you’ve gotten your masterpiece just right, take a photo of it and upload it to the Twitter or Instagram platforms using #DisneySummerContest We will pick one grand, one first and one second winning entry on Twitter and one grand, one first and one second winning entry on Instagram. That’s SIX chances to win altogether.
- The Grand prize winning entry for each social media platform will win a five-day, four-night Walt Disney World Resort vacation with flights, accommodation and more, plus the ultimate slumber party – a one-night stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite at Magic Kingdom Park! And a special Frozen Summer Fun VIP experience.
- The First prize winning entry for each social media platform will win a five-day, four-night Walt Disney World Resort vacation with flights, accommodation and more, plus the ultimate slumber party – a one-night stay in the Cinderella Castle Suite at Magic Kingdom Park!
- The Second prize winning entry for each social media platform will win a Coolest Summer Ever gift basket.
You can enter through June 14, 2015. Don’t forget to include #DisneySummerContest in your post. We can’t wait to see your creations. For official rules, check out http://coolestdisneysummer.com/
Surf’s Up! As part of the Coolest Summer Ever at Walt Disney World Resort, a new summertime dance party inspired by Disney Channel’s upcoming “Teen Beach 2” (sequel to the popular “Teen Beach Movie”) will hit the beach at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park.
From May 22 through July 5, guests can join in the “Teen Beach 2:” Beach Party at various times throughout day. The fun includes “bikers” and “surfers” who dance and play beach-themed games with guests as a DJ spins remixes of retro tunes. Taking over part of Typhoon Lagoon’s main beach area, guests can participate in relays on the sand, hula hoop spinning, water balloon and beach ball tossing, and the grooviest dance moves this side of Mt. Mayday.
Premiering this summer on Disney Channel, “Teen Beach 2″ is set months after surfer sweethearts Mack and Brady return from a summer adventure that transported them into Brady’s favorite 1960s beach party movie, “Wet Side Story,” only to receive a surprise real-world visit from Lela, Tanner, Butchy and their other newfound surfer and biker buddies.
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon is the perfect place to find cool thrills on attractions like “Crush ‘n’ Gusher” and “Humunga Kowabunga,” or you can just “hang 10” in North America’s largest wave pool or the lazy river. With Summer 2015 being the Coolest Summer Ever at Walt Disney World Resort, there’s never been a better time to check out all the water-soaked action at Typhoon Lagoon, including the “Teen Beach 2:” Beach Party.
And don’t forget to check out “Teen Beach 2,” coming to Disney Channel this summer.
We’re all about celebrating a childhood “firsts” here at the Walt Disney World Resort – the first time you meet Mickey Mouse, your first haircut at the barber shop on Main Street, U.S.A., the first time you’re tall enough to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway by yourself.
My most memorable “first” was my first character breakfast. It was on the Empress Lily, now Fulton’s Crab House at Downtown Disney.
Our colleagues at Disney Junior want to celebrate those firsts with you in the My Magical First Sweepstakes. You can now enter for a chance to win a 5-day, 4-night vacation for four to Walt Disney World Resort from Disney Junior at Disney.com/MyMagicalFirst.
Imagine your little one’s first Walt Disney World vacation including:
It will be a magical time that you will remember forever. Trust me.
Check out Disney.com/MyMagicalFirst for all the information including how to enter and keep watching the Disney Parks Blog and the #DisneyKids for more fun for ideas for your little ones.
Epcot is GROOVIN’ this June and July with the return of the Sounds Like Summer concert series.
From June 7 to July 25, the America Gardens Theater will once again rock out with some of the world’s hottest tribute bands.
This year’s lineup includes: (Entertainment and times subject to change)
- June 7-13: DSB – A Tribute to Journey
- June 14-20: 2U – A Tribute to U2
- June 21-26: Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot – A Tribute Billy Joel Show
- June 27 – July 4: Don’t Look Back – A Tribute to Boston
- July 5-11: Fire & Ice – A Tribute to Pat Benatar
- July 12-18: Stayin’ Alive – A Tribute to the Bee Gees
- July 19-25: Hotel California – A Salute to the Eagles
The Sounds Like Summer concerts are included with regular Epcot admission. Show times are 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. daily.
Check back to the Disney Parks Blog for updates on all things Summer 2015 at Walt Disney World!
It’s shaping up to be a spectacular fall at Walt Disney World Resort.
A few weeks ago, we gave you the dates for 2015’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. And we also have been keeping you up-to-date on the 411 for 2015’s Night of Joy.
Well, if you just can’t wait to purchase tickets for your favorite Magic Kingdom Park special event, today is your lucky day.
This year, we’re planning a thrilling new show for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Some of your favorite Disney villains, along with a few new friends, are getting ready to cast a spell on you at the Castle Forecourt Stage. We’ll have more details for you soon about this wickedly delightful addition to the Halloween festivities at Magic Kingdom Park.
Get Your Tickets Now
Tickets for all three events are on sale starting today. You’ll want to buy your tickets as early as possible because dates sell out.
Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party include:
- September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27; October 1 – Advance: $68 (plus tax) for adults; $63 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9); Day of the Event: $74 (plus tax) for adults; $69 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
- October 2, 4, 6, 8, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27; November 1 – Advance: $74 (plus tax) for adults; $69 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9); Day of the Event: $79 (plus tax) for adults; $74 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
- October 9, 16, 23, 29 – $79 (plus tax) for adults; $74 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
- Halloween – $87 (plus tax) for adults; $82 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
Tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party include:
- November 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19; December 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15 – Advance: $74 (plus tax) for adults; $69 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9); Day of the Event: $79 (plus tax) for adults; $74 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
- November 20, 29; December 4, 11, 17 – $79 (plus tax) for adults; $74 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
- December 18 – $82 (plus tax) for adults; $77 (plus tax) for children (ages 3-9)
Single-day ticket prices for Disney’s Night of Joy (September 11-12) are $65 (plus tax) in advance and $80 (plus tax) on the day of the event (if available). A two night ticket also is available for $115 (plus tax) in advance of the event. Group tickets are also available by calling 877-NITE-JOY (1-877-648-3569).
To order tickets or find out more information on any of our Magic Kingdom Park special events, guests can check out Disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY or contact their travel agent.
And stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more exciting updates.
Planners take note!
Two of the biggest questions we get on the Disney Parks Blog around this time of year is “WHEN are the dates for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party?”
Well, wait no longer!
This year, our Magic Kingdom Park Halloween event will be held 25 nights throughout the months of September, October and November; and our signature Holidays event at the Magic Kingdom Park will be 20 nights in November and December.
Dates for 2015 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party are:
- September 15, 18, 20, 22, 25, 27
- October 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31
- November 1
Dates for 2015 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are:
- November 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 29
- December 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are specially-ticketed events where the Magic Kingdom comes alive with decorations, special entertainment and tons of fun!
Tickets for both events will go on sale in April.
Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information about the events including on sale dates and ticket prices.
For more information or to book your resort stay, check out Disneyworld.com.
As we usher in the New Year, I wanted to give you an update on Disney’s Night of Joy 2015.
We are excited to announce the 33rd year for this special event will take place Friday and Saturday nights September 11 and 12 at Magic Kingdom Park.
Next year’s group of talented artists includes four recent Grammy nominees, who each received two nominations: Night of Joy stalwarts MercyMe, brother duo For King & Country and Central Florida’s own Francesca Battistelli in the “Best Contemporary Christian Performance/Song” and “Best Contemporary Christian Album” categories and Pop Urban Gospel sensation Lecrae for “Best Gospel Performance/Song” and “Best Contemporary Christian Performance/Song.”
Night of Joy veterans like TobyMac, Skillet and Jeremy Camp will fill the park with masterful melodies along with some great up-and-coming artists like: Seventh Time Down, I Am They, and Veridia, who are all new to the event.
2015’s full lineup includes: (entertainment subject to change)
- Friday, September 11 – TobyMac, MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, Colton Dixon, Big Daddy Weave, Francesca Battistelli, Rend Collective, and I Am They
- Saturday, September 12 – Skillet, Lecrae, For King & Country, Mandisa, Matt Maher, Jamie Grace, Seventh Time Down, and Veridia
It should be two fantastic nights!
Tickets will go on sale in the Spring. Keep checking back to the Disney Parks Blog and NightofJoy.com for all the info.
Avast Me Hearties!
I hope ye all have had a chance to see the fabulousness of New Yorkers showing their Disney Side in the Pirate Takeover of Central Park by the “prank collective” Improv Everywhere.
It’s gotten some great response. My favorite comment on YouTube was “You Best Be Liking That Page.”
And isn’t that dog the cutest! His name was Hudson. And he just happened to have a giant copper set of keys! Go figure!
Well, we at the Disney Parks Blog were there to capture all the Disney Side festivities behind the scenes.
We followed the IE team through a day of rehearsals and then the day of shooting from set up to the main event.
It was a glorious day in Central Park. Take a look.
The IE team captured the essence of New Yorkers showing their Disney Side – that playful side that comes out when even thinking about a Disney Parks vacation.
Kudos to Improv Everywhere creator Charlie Todd and his team.
And a hearty – Yo Ho Ho!
Dead Men Tell No Tales!
Central Park turned into Central pARRRk recently, courtesy of the group Improv Everywhere, showing their Disney Side to New York park goers and vice versa.
Such iconic locations as the Central Park Boathouse, Bow Bridge and Bethesda Fountain were overrun by the fiercest scallywags to ever sail “The Lake” in the park – seemingly straight out of our very own Pirates of the Caribbean attraction! Imagine that!
Take a look.
Improv Everywhere, creators of the “Films in Real Life” viral video series, is a New York City-based “prank collective” that causes scenes of chaos and joy in public places.
As you can see, New Yorkers weren’t afraid to show their Disney Sides, as well.
We at the Disney Parks Blog were there to cover all the action. Check back soon for a behind-the-scenes report!