We kicked things off with an exciting update that Pixar Play Parade will bring even more of your favorite Pixar stories to life with the addition of three new story elements when it returns April 13 to the Disneyland Resort as part of the limited-time Pixar Fest celebration. Check Erin’s story for details.
We continued our announcements with new colorful details about enhancements debuting late this summer at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World along with updates that the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival is expanding to six weeks in 2018 and Shanghai Disneyland is expanding on April 26 with the opening of Disney Toy Story Land.
And we moved into the weekend with new images and details about the Disney Skyliner transportation system that’ll give you an unforgettable journey and a picturesque view of the Walt Disney World Resort. Visit Jenn’s story for more images and information.
Our next 12 Days of Disney Parks Christmas announcement is later today. Be sure to keep checking the Disney Parks Blog each day at 11 a.m. through December 16 for more exciting updates.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Spread Holiday Cheer, #ShareYourEars to Support Make-A-Wish – Grab a camera! This holiday season, Disney Parks is donating $5 to Make-A-Wish®, up to $1 million, for each photo you take and share on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram wearing “Mickey Ears” – or any fun, creative ears – with the hashtag #ShareYourEars.
- New Dining, Retail and Family-Friendly Entertainment Coming to Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort in Early 2018 – Lots of exciting changes are arriving at Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort in early 2018! With new dining and entertainment experiences, here’s a peek at what to expect at the beginning of next year.
- Best of the Holidays at Disney Parks Featured in New ‘Inside Disney Parks’ – We’re wrapping our “Inside Disney Parks” show series for 2017 with a special Disney Parks holiday guide you’re not going to want to miss. This episode, we go behind the scenes at the popular “Candlelight Processional” at Epcot before taking a look at the holidays around Disney Parks and highlighting some of the season’s must-have Disney gifts.
- New Hotel-Wide Magic Unveiled at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at the Disneyland Resort – Last week, cast members at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa at the Disneyland Resort celebrated the completion of the hotel-wide renovation. Guests can now enjoy completely redesigned guest rooms plus a refreshed lobby, pool area and concierge-level lounge!
- New Venues from Patina Restaurant Group, Including The Edison and Maria & Enzo’s, Take Their Place in the Disney Springs Story – When The Edison, a lavish industrial Gothic-style destination for fine food, handcrafted cocktails and exciting nightlife was announced as a future Disney Springs destination, guests were giddy with anticipation. More recently, three additional food and beverages venues – Maria & Enzo’s, Enzo’s Hideaway and Pizza Ponte – have given us a trio of new reasons to get excited about the food and beverage scene at Disney Springs.
- Celebrate Star Wars Galactic Nights With New Merchandise & More on December 16 – Star Wars fans from across the galaxy are making plans to attend this year’s Star Wars: Galactic Nights event, which will be held at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 16.